What is Account-Based Marketing?
Account-based marketing (ABM) is a strategic approach that combines insight-driven marketing with sales, to increase awareness, develop relationships and drive growth with specific high-value, high-propensity accounts.
With the potential to drive stronger, more valuable customer relationships and enhance retention, Account-Based Marketing is an increasingly valuable strategy.
Treating each customer as a market of one, ABM combines targeted, insight led marketing with sales to build awareness and grow in-depth customer relationships with specific (new and existing) accounts.
Why Is ABM The Answer?
Typically, ABM is required to address challenges such as:
- Proving the value of increasingly complex services offerings - often a hybrid of products, people and services
- Developing buy-in with a number of people across varying business functions, who are involved in the buying cycle
- Building trust and buy-in with large and complex businesses
Why ABM And Why Now?
Account-Based Marketing works to:
- Move perspectives of your business from ‘just a vendor’ to ‘a trusted partner’
- Enhance business growth, as ABM is not just about leads, but long-term relationships
- Shift mindset from transactional product sales to solution selling
- Create opportunities to align sales and marketing with account segmentation
What ABM Brings
- Equips account teams with the tools to enable new conversations
- Drives relevance in the eyes of the customer
- Supports customer-centric marketing
- Makes marketing more personalised and engaging
- Maps your services and solutions to business opportunities & challenges
How ABM Helps
- Articulates a holistic and joint customer marketing plan
- Tightly couples the strategic direction of your customer with your proposition
- Develops strong customer insight and relationship
- Enables marketing engagement with strategic customers
- Aligns marketing and sales as business partners
- Enables internal and customer communication
- Clearly outlines the skills and competencies required for ABM
- Provides direction of wider field engagement for maximum Share of Wallet
- Identifies key areas for growth, while maintaining and investing in valuable accounts
Assess Your ABM Maturity
10 Questions To Assess Your Organisation's ABM Maturity
See how ABM mature your organisation is - and learn next steps to enhance your account-based marketing approach.
Your next step? We recommend
Planning an ABM Campaign Learn more
Not Ready To Talk?
Build The Internal Business Case For ABM
This executive briefing is designed to introduce and outline ABM to your sales and marketing teams. It describes the benefits and objectives of ABM, showing how this approach maps to business goals, while providing a practical framework, timelines and steps to take to implement a successful ABM programme.
- How to implement an ABM pilot
- Which account(s) to target
- How to build the business case for ABM
- ABM outcomes across the business
- ABM metrics, frameworks and timescales to expect
The Value of Account-Based Marketing
80% of B2B marketers globally say ABM outperforms all other B2B marketing tactics
60% of marketers report a revenue increase of at least 10% within a year
84% of marketers said that ABM had significant benefits to retaining and expanding existing client relationships
Source: Alterra Group
Want More Information?
Why not download our step-by-step Guide to Account-Based Marketing and explore everything from the basics, to implementing best practice campaigns.