Our team of in-house web designers specialise in the construction of corporate marketing sites, client portals, ecommerce sites and social environments predominantly built on an opensource framework.
Why open source web design?
The major benefit of open source platforms are:
- No license fee's for multiple users.
- Extending out of the box functionality: All platforms enjoy a large online developer network providing plugins and additional functionality a lot of which are free.
- CMS: All admin areas are built around a web based content management system allowing for multiple editor access. This enables clients to self manage content.
- Back office integration. The open nature of the code allows for back office integration allowing interaction between other existing database systems and teh sharing of data.
- Templates and styling: These can be free from online resources or custom built.
- Future proofing: As most CMS's are built using standard web protocols like html, css, php and asp, this gives the client flexibility to change web design agencies safe in the knowledge that their web site can be supported without being locked to one supplier.
- Ecommerce: Most open source platforms have out of the box ready ecommerce plugins. This gives commercial functionality with minimal investment. Integration with payment gateways is often in built for many of the popular online merchant service providers
One of the most popular open source content management systems, joomla's extension directory and online developer support network is one of the largest available. Joomla is very search engine friendly, works well for large corporate marketing sites, client portals and ecommerce environments.
Drupal is a sister product of Joomla evolving from it's previous name "Mambo". Drupal also has a large developer community supporting it and can be used effectively for corporate marketing sites and ecommerce environments.
Wordpress is known primarily as a blogging platform and for smaller business marketing sites. It has a huge developer community and offers a very simple and easy to use CMS administration area.